Can CBD Help You Sleep? Yes... it could!
According to Sleephealth.org, in America, 70% of adults report that they obtain insufficient sleep at least one night a month, and 11% report insufficient sleep every night.
It is estimated that sleep-related problems affect 50 to 70 million Americans of all ages and socioeconomic classes.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in many people getting their sleep schedules disturbed due to high levels of anxiety and stress.
Millions of people suffered from insomnia before the coronavirus, and unfortunately, the pandemic creates a host of new challenges even for people who previously had no sleeping problems
The answer to finally getting a good night's rest however may lie with CBD. What is CBD exactly?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is just one of over 113+ identified phytocannabinoids that are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant.
It is known to be the most diverse compound, accounting for up to 40% of the plants’ extract. It does not have the same psychoactive properties as THC, and therefore will not get you “high”.
CBD has been shown to have many therapeutic benefits and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) approved $3 million to fund multiple studies researching the effects of cannabis as a pain relief alternative.
Scientific and clinical research underscores CBD's potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, MS, chronic pain, schizophrenia, PTSD, depression, antibiotic-resistant infections, epilepsy, and other disorders such as insomnia.
Dating back to 1500 B.C., historical texts have indicated the use of cannabidiol for inducing sleep.
CBD helps to regulate cortisol, a stress hormone, which has a significant impact on non-REM sleep cycles. A large case series review found that CBD is beneficial for anxiety-related disorders and an increase in sleep quality.
You too can discover better sleep with the GRN CBD infused Gummies: https://www.cbd.io/collections/gummies/products/broad-spectrum-cbd-gummies-10ct-bags-mixed-fruit
Need a snack or just looking for a delicious way to get your CBD? Enjoy GRN's broad spectrum Mixed Fruit CBD Gummies made from USA grown hemp and contain zero THC. Small enough to slip in your pocket, these 10 count 100mg gummy snacks are the perfect size to take with you anywhere, anytime for a tasty dose of relief on the go.
Happiness guaranteed or take advantage of our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
If your insomnia is caused by external factors or related conditions, CBD may help by treating the causes of sleeplessness!
Many researchers say that CBD improves sleep because it tackles the root causes of insomnia.
According to the Mayo Clinic, insomnia can be caused by:
- Mental health disorders, such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and depression
- Medication, which can disturb your sleep-wake cycle
- Physical conditions, such as chronic pain and restless leg syndrome
- Caffeine, especially when consumed late in the day
- Environmental factors, such as loud noises or an uncomfortable bed
Researchers have discovered that the endocannabinoid system plays a role in maintaining certain body functions, such as mood, appetite, sleep, and regulating circadian rhythms. Within the endocannabinoid system is a network of cannabinoid receptors in the brain and central nervous system. The two primary receptors identified are CB1 and CB2.
Cannabinoids attach to these cells and have various effects. As far as how they may affect sleep, some research indicates that the cannabinoid CBD may interact with specific receptors, potentially affecting the sleep/wake cycle.
Additionally, CBD may also decrease anxiety and pain, which can both interfere with restful sleep. By reducing certain symptoms, it’s also possible that sleep may improve. There are a lot of ways to take CBD, including in a supplement, tincture, gummy, liquid, vape, topicals (balms, creams, etc.)
Tinctures have the fastest absorption rate of all the different ways you can take CBD products.
Check out GRN's Strawberry Broad Spectrum Spectrum (THC-Free) CBD Oil tincture: https://grncbd.com/collections/cbd-oil-tinctures/products/strawberry-broad-spectrum-cbd-oil
This tincture contains extracts from the entire plant so it does include legal levels of trace amounts of THC (<0.3%). You will not get high!
Recommended to be taken sublingually under the tongue for best absorption and effectiveness, however, you can also add a dose of CBD oil into your favorite food or beverage to give it a boost of flavors filled with CBD's vital plant-based benefits. Take two droppers twice a day for the best results.
Grn also has other flavors available.
CBD users often report a sense of calm and some use it to reduce anxiety.
- CBD reduces anxiety and stress. CBD helps to regulate cortisol, a stress hormone, which has a significant impact on non-REM sleep cycles. A large case series review found that CBD is beneficial for anxiety-related disorders and an increase in sleep quality.
- CBD helps with pain relief over pharmaceutical pain relievers and can reduce pain-induced sleeplessness by working on the symptoms themselves rather than providing a sedative effect like many sleep-aids.
- CBD soothes your aching muscles. After a vigorous session at the gym, CBD can be used to help you recover.
- CBD can help pregnancy related insomnia. The World Health Organization (WHO) has found no adverse health outcomes from CBD. Talk with your doctor before using CBD during pregnancy however.
- CBD can help reduce nightmares. For those who suffer from REM sleep behavior disorder (RBD), marked by restlessness and increased nightmares, CBD can offer fewer side effects of RBD, with no negative side effects.